How Do I Share a DB/Forms with Others?

Discuss HanDBase running on various Palm OS devices and synchronization with desktop computers.

How Do I Share a DB/Forms with Others?

Postby Scramble! » Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:19 pm

Hello,

I've developed a relatively simple but useful database for logging flight time and currency requirements (e.g. night landings). I am a commercial airline pilot and found this to be the best solution for myself, not wanting to continue to log my time in a paper-based logbook anymore. The db consists of a single, flat-file table that logs one record per sortie, and an accompanying set of two linked forms for easy data entry.

I'd like to be able to share the db and forms with other pilots who still use PalmOS (including the Treo, Centro, etc.). How do I extract and share just the database design and the forms to give to another pilot for their use (e.g. share the design without the data)? I have no interest in charging for it (and the PalmOS is a dying breed anyway), but some may have an interest in using it (with or without modifications to for their personal needs). Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Dan Bloemer
Jacksonville, Florida
Scramble!

Re: How Do I Share a DB/Forms with Others?

Postby dhaupert » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:19 am

Hi Dan,

I'm so sorry it's taken me this long to respond- I never saw this posting come by my eyes and I have the forums set to email me when there are new posts. My apologies!

You can post your applet to our HanDBase Gallery and then point others to the files. here's how:

http://www.ddhsoftware.com/download

There is a section to upload a database gallery applet there. Click there and follow the instructions!

Hope this helps.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Palm OS