Install to Palm prc file missing

Discuss HanDBase running on various Palm OS devices and synchronization with desktop computers.

Install to Palm prc file missing

Postby dkeiffer » Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:08 pm

I have HanDBase windows desktop Palm and was wondering what I have to do to create the Palm version that will run on a Palm simulator.
I have created a form and checked the start form on Palm OS Handhelds and saved the form but I do not see the prc file to install onto the Palm.
Thank you,
dkeiffer

Re: Install to Palm prc file missing

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jul 13, 2011 7:42 pm

Hi there,

The PRC files are executable files (ie, apps), and PDB files are the ones that are created for databases and forms both. So you'll be looking for a PDB file. Typically a file is named after the database, so if your database is name 'Green Eggs', then you'll likely have a file called:

Green_Eggs.PDB

or Green Eggs.PDB

A forms file is also a PDB file, but is named with a _HDF suffix, so:

Green_Eggs_HDF.PDB or Green Eggs_HDF.PDB

I'd do a search for the appropriate file name and you should be able to find it on your system. Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Postby dkeiffer » Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:52 pm

I install both the xxx.pdb and the xxxHDF.pdb but they do not show up on the Palm.
dkeiffer

Postby Brian_Houghton » Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:45 pm

Hello,

Thanks for the update. Did you also install HanDBase, the application PRC, to the simulator? The PRC file is at:

C:\Program Files\HanDBase4\PalmOS\

If it is already installed, do the database(s) simply not show up in the list when opening HanDBase?
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby dkeiffer » Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:36 pm

Thank you, works now but having problems with formatting, will try to work it out.
dkeiffer

Return to HanDBase for Palm OS