New PDK announcement by Palm allowing for C and C++ in WebOS

Discuss HanDBase running on various Palm OS devices and synchronization with desktop computers.

New PDK announcement by Palm allowing for C and C++ in WebOS

Postby Kpowski » Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:06 pm

With the announcement of a new PDK by Palm that provides a way for programs written in C and C++ to work with WebOS is there a likelihood that we will see HanDBase running on the Pre and Pixi without the need for Classic??? This would be outstanding if possible.
Kpowski

Re: New PDK announcement by Palm allowing for C and C++ in WebOS

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jan 11, 2010 8:30 am

Hi,

I watched the live blog of their announcements with great excitement. I can't say for sure if we'll be able to use this and create an application for WebOS as there are other factors and obstacles but it does solve two of the biggest roadblocks we had to the platform - c libraries and a way to hide sensitive code from competitors and hackers alike.

At this point I have publicly committed to an Android platform next, so quite honestly this means that the possibility of a WebOS version will have to wait until after that is finished and delivered anyway. By then we can see if there is a sizable userbase and demand for a native WebOS HanDBase. They certainly have the most compelling platform IMO, but need some sizable customer base at this point!

Thanks for writing.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Palm OS