Palm Pre Plus on Verizon

Discuss HanDBase running on various Palm OS devices and synchronization with desktop computers.

Palm Pre Plus on Verizon

Postby BruceArnold » Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:03 pm

David, I'm guessing that the only real change in the Palm Pre Plus is extra memory, and we still need the Palm Classic program to run HanDBase?

My contract with Sprint is up, but if I want to upgrade to a Palm Pre it will cost me $149 -- the same it would cost to switch to Verizon and get a Palm Pre Plus. So why wouldn't I do that? Doesn't Sprint know they have competition here?
BruceArnold

Re: Palm Pre Plus on Verizon

Postby dhaupert » Mon Mar 08, 2010 4:57 pm

The cell companies don't ever take care of their own to the level they try to woo other carrier's customers. It's a sad truth of the current state of affairs. Actually Sprint is typically the best in this regard, so don't feel so bad- it could be worse!

The Pre Plus is miles better than the original Pre, as the lack of enough RAM was keeping the original pre from operating well with even just a few apps running at once. They also fixed the keyboard, the Pre's keyboard was very hard to type with, the Pixi, far better. So the Pre Plus is somewhere closer to the Pixi's feel which is much, much better IMO.

And no, there would be no difference WRT using HanDBase- on all devices, the Classic program is the way to accomplish this for WebOS phones. We'll continue to evaluate if the WebOS market really takes off, but so far, it's not meeting expectations of anyone. A real disappointment considering how good the device is!
dhaupert

Re: Palm Pre Plus on Verizon

Postby BruceArnold » Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks, David. Very helpful as always.

BTW, I think you will be interested to know that I am involved with starting a new church here in New Bern -- Croatan Friends Meeting -- our first worship service this Sunday and it was attended by more than I had let myself hope -- so we are on the way. God willing and the creek don't rise. :D Keep us in your prayers my friend.
BruceArnold

Return to HanDBase for Palm OS