HandBase on BB Storm 9530

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

HandBase on BB Storm 9530

Postby minicoop » Thu May 21, 2009 12:44 pm

Hello,
I am trying out a Blackberry Storm 9530. I have HandBase installed and everything syncs just fine. The problem I'm having is that I can not get rid of the on screen keyboard so that I can see more than four records in my data base. In most of the programs on the Storm if you push the menu button you can choose to close the keyboard but this option is not there in HandBase.The top of the screen is taking up way too much space - where the database name, view and search reside. It doesn't turn to landscape mode either so there is no help there but I think that would be worse because it would give me more width but less height. From everything I have read it is supposed to run on the Storm but trying to log my mileage has become a nightmare - any suggestions :?:
minicoop

Re: HandBase on BB Storm 9530

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Thu May 21, 2009 3:23 pm

Hi,

The hide keyboard menu option should be there. THat menu is actually too big to fit on the screen so you have to scroll all the way to the bottom to get to it, but it should be there!

Let me know if you still don't see it.
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Postby minicoop » Thu May 21, 2009 4:08 pm

Hi,
I do not have that option I do have:
Add record
View Record
Edit Record
Delete Record
Move to top
Move to bottom
Database Properties
Sort...
Find All
Again
Preferences
About HanDBase
Close
Switch Application

By the way... love this new Forum
minicoop

Postby minicoop » Fri May 22, 2009 11:28 am

Hello Dave,
It occured to me last night that when I moved my information from my BB Curve to my Storm it was done by the Device Switch Wizard in the BB Desktop Software and maybe that was what was causing me the problem. This morning I uninstalled HanDBase from my Storm and computer and started from scratch and now not only can I show or hide the keyboard it also works in landscape mode. Tracking my mileage now will be a breeze. Great program I have been using it for years even before it was called HanDBase, I believe it was called ThinkDB.

Sorry I didn't think of this before but let that be a lesson for other people who are switching devices this way - not everything goes across as it should. :D
minicoop

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Mon May 25, 2009 10:17 am

Thanks for letting us know- and a big collective Phew on this end!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry