Slow saving

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

Slow saving

Postby rybrns » Mon Jun 22, 2009 1:12 pm

Testing the app on a BB 8830 with a db of less than 100 records, saving a record having only two fields took almost five minutes! Is this how the app works? If so, it's not really only a beta app and you guys shouldn't be charging for it until it's ready to play in the real world.
rybrns

Re: Slow saving

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:26 pm

rybrns wrote:Testing the app on a BB 8830 with a db of less than 100 records, saving a record having only two fields took almost five minutes! Is this how the app works? If so, it's not really only a beta app and you guys shouldn't be charging for it until it's ready to play in the real world.

Please see my previous response to you. This is not normal behavior and something else is going on! I would never say the BlackBerry HanDBase is lightning fast, especially compared to other versions that don't run on Java platforms, but I will say that my Bold and 8700 devices never have more than a few second delay.

Please respond to previous posting and we'll see if we can debug your issue!
dhaupert

Re: Slow saving

Postby tapeman » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:23 pm

same problem for my 8830 Curve. the delay is between 6 and 10 seconds for saving which may seem short unless you are working with multiple entries.
tapeman

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry