App is worthless

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

App is worthless

Postby rybrns » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:02 pm

Added a few records on the BB 8830, each took almost five minutes to add. Did four records this way. Each appeared on the BB. Then error message: Unexpected exception, and not only were those records gone, but 1/4 of the db off the end disappeared. This is a bad, bad app! Certainly not worth even 1 cent!

The developers need to do lots more work to make this thing stable.
rybrns

Re: App is worthless

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:25 pm

rybrns wrote:Added a few records on the BB 8830, each took almost five minutes to add. Did four records this way. Each appeared on the BB. Then error message: Unexpected exception, and not only were those records gone, but 1/4 of the db off the end disappeared. This is a bad, bad app! Certainly not worth even 1 cent!

The developers need to do lots more work to make this thing stable.

Hi,

I'm sorry to hear you are having difficulties. That said, this is obviously not a universal issue- we have thousands of users using it on their BlackBerry and not having these issues.

The fact that you had such a long delay between saving and adding records likely means one of two things:

- your device was low on program memory. Garbage collection kicks in automatically by the OS when memory is low and tries to make room. This will really slow down any app running on the BlackBerry. Can you tell me what your free program memory is?
- there is something specific to your database design that is exposing a bug. If we could see a copy of the database you were working with, we could test it here on numerous BlackBerry's and see if the problem happens.

Let me know. Again I'm sorry you're having troubles.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry