slow operating in Blackberry

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

slow operating in Blackberry

Postby tapeman » Wed Jul 08, 2009 12:16 pm

Any patches yet for the slow running problem in Blackberry format?
tapeman

Re: slow operating in Blackberry

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jul 08, 2009 1:15 pm

Are you referring to the delay you posted about with saving? I have asked customers for more information on this- as it's not something we're seeing here. Can you possibly send detaiils a database that exhibits this behavior? Thanks in advance!
dhaupert

Postby SusieN56 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:51 pm

David
I do know that I have let my demo version of the Storm software expire, and at this point have no plans to purchase it. It was painfully slow to use and I had only loaded three of my many databases on there. The inability to quickly access and change a record made day to day usage of the program impossible. Maybe all the palm version have me spoiled. I still haven't decided on whether to try the iTouch version.
SusieN56

Postby dhaupert » Thu Jul 09, 2009 12:01 am

SusieN56 wrote:David
I do know that I have let my demo version of the Storm software expire, and at this point have no plans to purchase it. It was painfully slow to use and I had only loaded three of my many databases on there. The inability to quickly access and change a record made day to day usage of the program impossible. Maybe all the palm version have me spoiled. I still haven't decided on whether to try the iTouch version.

Hi Susie,

Thanks for the feedback, we're definitely working on the speed on the BlackBerry- it's a huge uphill battle as the devices themselves are extremely slow. But there is one particular issue with loading records for editing and saving them that can definitely be sped up, and that's the main issue being worked on now.

Regarding the iPhone/iPod touch version, there isn't a faster version out there speedwise- completely different ballgame on that platform than anywhere else as everything is pretty much instantaneous!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry