Memory cards

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

Memory cards

Postby Joe Weber » Sun Aug 09, 2009 11:33 am

I have used HanDBase on Palm for several years. I now have the Blackberry Pearl. I have tried the Blackberry demo. Due to the limited memory of the Pearl, I am concerned about the data files consuming too much memory. I know the application has to go on the device. Can the data files be stored on my memory card?
Joe Weber

Re: Memory cards

Postby dhaupert » Mon Aug 10, 2009 8:11 pm

Joe Weber wrote:I have used HanDBase on Palm for several years. I now have the Blackberry Pearl. I have tried the Blackberry demo. Due to the limited memory of the Pearl, I am concerned about the data files consuming too much memory. I know the application has to go on the device. Can the data files be stored on my memory card?

Unfortunately not. The database format we use is based on the persistent memory store which is kept only in the internal program memory section at this time. Hopefully we can explore this option some time in the future, but would have to store the databases differently which means almost an entire rewrite of the internals!
dhaupert

Re: Memory cards

Postby palomartian » Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:04 am

Can you at least plug the memory leaks?
palomartian

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry