delete database on Blackberry

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

delete database on Blackberry

Postby albedo » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:57 pm

I've not found a command for delete an handbase database on Blackberry: I've delete it on PC in "Documents/blackberry/username" but it still remain on the mobile.
Another question: where are the handbase files located on Blackberry (wich folder?)
albedo

Re: delete database on Blackberry

Postby dhaupert » Mon Aug 31, 2009 7:35 am

albedo wrote:I've not found a command for delete an handbase database on Blackberry: I've delete it on PC in "Documents/blackberry/username" but it still remain on the mobile.
Another question: where are the handbase files located on Blackberry (wich folder?)

Hi there,

As far as I know there are no folders on the BlackBerry's internal program memory. All is stored using a proprietary file system. The memory card is a different story but we don't support this.

In regards to deleting a database- use the BlackBerry menu key while in the list view. You should see an option for Manage Databases. From there you can select any database to be deleted.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Re: delete database on Blackberry

Postby fwyun » Sat Sep 19, 2009 12:24 am

albedo wrote:I've not found a command for delete an handbase database on Blackberry: I've delete it on PC in "Documents/blackberry/username" but it still remain on the mobile.

by any chance are you using a BB Storm?

I had the same problem.

It appears that if the focus is on a record (one of the records is highlighted), and you press the BB key, not all of the menu options appear (at least they didn't for me)

*IF* you touch (not click the screen) on the chooser for database to view so that the database name is highlighted, you will get a "Manage Database" option in the menu when you press the BB key.

Francis

I don't come on here that often, so if I'm not making any sense, email me at purpledrazi at pacbell dot net :)
fwyun

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry