New HanDBase 4.1.5 Development Version Released

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

Re: New HanDBase 4.1.5 Development Version Released

Postby palomartian » Wed Nov 11, 2009 11:24 pm

Automatically go to edit record on wheel click? Why not make it selectable? I only view records on my handheld. That's a big step back for me. I don't think I'll be downgrading to this version.

EDIT:

Tested that on 4.1.00.04. On a large database the edit record screen takes forever to load whereas the view record screen is instantaneous. Even if the the menu button functioned like the wheel click does now, I can see inadvertant wheel clicks leading to the BB being thrown out the window in frustration at some point. bummer.
palomartian

Postby rmclaury » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi -- I'm using a Blackberry Storm2 with BB software 5.0.0.320. I installed HandBase Pro version 4.1.5.01 and am experiencing the following problems:

1. Caused BB to crash on first sync. Had to pull battery to reset.
2. Search function unusable -- when typing in, characters VERY slow to appear in search window (about 1 every 25 seconds).
3. When exiting, phone will be very slow to respond in other apps for about 5 minutes.

I'm using a database that has approx 850 items in it and growing regularly.

I'll try downloading and installing the D5 version and see if that helps.

Rick
rmclaury

Postby dhaupert » Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:02 am

palomartian wrote:Automatically go to edit record on wheel click? Why not make it selectable? I only view records on my handheld. That's a big step back for me. I don't think I'll be downgrading to this version.

EDIT:

Tested that on 4.1.00.04. On a large database the edit record screen takes forever to load whereas the view record screen is instantaneous. Even if the the menu button functioned like the wheel click does now, I can see inadvertant wheel clicks leading to the BB being thrown out the window in frustration at some point. bummer.

Hi there,

I'm sorry this doesn't meet your expectations. It was done explicitly because of users requesting it. You can still get to the view record by selecting the blackberry menu key which is no additional keystroke/taps. I will wait to see if others agree with you- no reason we can't go back or make this a preference if there are enough customers that feel the same way!
dhaupert

Previous

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry