Back (escape) - no save

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

Back (escape) - no save

Postby VorlonShadow » Fri Oct 02, 2009 6:37 am

When I add a record and hit the back (escape) key, it doesn't ask me to save the record. It just goes back, and the data I entered is lost. This is a very common thing on the BB, and I think the interface needs to be consistent with HanDBase as well. People who are used to modifying or adding records and simply hitting the back (escape) button to exit and select save on the way are bound to loose a lot of added records that way. Or, have I missed something here?

Jesse
VorlonShadow

Re: Back (escape) - no save

Postby dhaupert » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:23 pm

Thanks for your post. This is a great suggestion, yet one I have not heard before. I don't think other users have the same expectation that you have, but all the same, it makes sense that the default would be to save though.

Anyone else have any thoughts on this change?
dhaupert

Postby HAB » Sat Oct 10, 2009 9:27 am

It is the normal behavior on my Blackberry Storm that I get asked if I want to save when I hit the 'Back' button. Nearly every time I change a thing I get out with 'Back', realize I discarded the changes, change it again and get out with 'Done'.

It would be very important to ask if I want to save. That's the way I expect it.
HAB

Postby dhaupert » Mon Oct 12, 2009 10:28 am

Thanks for your vote for this. I will add this to the todo list!
dhaupert

Postby wab » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:46 am

I want to add my vote for this. I'm a new user of HanDBase and I"m having to re-train myself on this one application not to use the escape key after adding a record or making a change. It took me several days to realize that my entries were not being saved. Not only is this a deviation from normal BB behavior, but it's different than the desktop version which if anything excessively prompts one to save even when no change has been made.
Thanks.
wab

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry