Password Protection?

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

Password Protection?

Postby VorlonShadow » Fri Oct 02, 2009 12:38 pm

I have a database with hundreds of of passwords in it. I just realized that after syncing that database that the password protection is no longer on there. Is the password/encryption not a part of HanDBase for BB? That's a major problem as anyone who steels my BB will have access to my credit card accounts, bank accounts, and countless other items.

Jesse
VorlonShadow

Re: Password Protection?

Postby dhaupert » Fri Oct 02, 2009 1:08 pm

Hi,

We didn't add any sort of encryption or password protection, because all BlackBerry devices already ship with device level access protection and device encryption. So just enable those and it protects everything including your HanDBase data!
dhaupert

Re: Password Protection?

Postby VorlonShadow » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:00 pm

OK. I'll look into that. However, what about the desktop? If I re-enable encryption on the desktop software, and sync again later, will it remove the encryption? Several people may use my PC, and I'd rather they not have access to that database on there. I'll enable security on my BB, but that's not going to help the Desktop version.

Thanks,
Jesse
VorlonShadow

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry