BB Tour New User Questions

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

BB Tour New User Questions

Postby wab » Sun Nov 01, 2009 3:29 pm

I am new to HandBase and to BlackBerry. I installed the trial version of Professional for the BB. I created a new database on the desktop and am having the following problems with synchronization:

I created a database on the desktop called "Exercise, 11.1.09-"
I "installed" the database to the BB
Everytime I synchronize, the database disappears from the desktop (goes to the archive folder)
When I go to the configure sync screen it doesn't list the "Exercise, 11.1.09-" database but lists two others that don't exist "Exercise" and "11.1.09-"
Despite all this I can open the "Exercise, 11.1.09-" database on the BlackBerry

I'm not sure if I'm just not understanding how to use this, if this is a limitation of the trial version, or it it's just not working correctly. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks.
wab

Re: BB Tour New User Questions

Postby dhaupert » Mon Nov 02, 2009 1:34 pm

Thanks for your posting. Something I'd have to look into, but suspect over the comma in the database name and a possible bug with that in the conduit. Can you try renaming your database to something without a comma and see if that solves the issue?
dhaupert

Postby wab » Mon Nov 02, 2009 9:09 pm

I tried re-naming to "Exercise" with no change in behavior. I'm having a separate email conversation with tech support and have sent my log file.
wab

Postby wab » Sat Nov 07, 2009 11:20 am

I've been working with support via email. Apparenlty the comma in the DB name did hose the conduit. In fact it became impossible to fix even with renaming and attempting to delete the previous databases. I finally had to uninstall everything, reinstall, create a different partnership and start over. Now I'm in business. Users beware of the havoc the comma apparently can cause.
wab

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry