Page 2 of 2

Re: BB Tour 9630 - Maximum Number of Records?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:05 am
by NickCaveFan
dhaupert wrote:Hi there,

If you can send it, I'd be able to debug with it. There is an issue with memory leaking during installation. It means that surely your 2000 record database does not take up 25MB, but rather somewhere else the memory is in use and even a reset does not unfortunately free up the space.!


Check your email, I've sent the four files as well as the sync log. I made a copy of the log after I loaded each file. They are all small as I cleared the log before I started using Notepad.

Good luck!

Re: BB Tour 9630 - Maximum Number of Records?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:18 am
by NickCaveFan
dhaupert wrote:One thing I'd ask you to try is a memory tools application another customer had mentioned:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/deta ... laylang=en

Let me know if after running this you see more memory available!


I can't use this application for two reasons. There isn't a Vista acceptable quality. And my Crackberry isn't a Windoze CE phone, or at least I can't see it from most Windoze apps.

Or did I miss something?

Re: BB Tour 9630 - Maximum Number of Records?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:07 am
by dhaupert
Hi Nick,

I think I goofed on my copy and paste operation- that link was used in another post and I had tried to (but obviously failed) to copy something else to that posting! Sorry about that :oops:

Here's the proper link:

http://www.getjar.com/mobile/25203/memo ... y-booster/

Let me know how it works out for you!

Re: BB Tour 9630 - Maximum Number of Records?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 27, 2010 9:23 am
by NickCaveFan
I did buy the memory application. I don't see how it might help, but it does a nice job of memory recovery.

I completely re-wrote my Music_Collection database dropping many of the fields I didn't really use like the song titles and member names. This shrunk the size of the database from 769 K to 328 K. I did all the editing in Excel 2007 (oh the horror) and then created a new copy in _.csv. I loaded this into HanDBase desktop and made a bunch more edits there. I can see that I've lost dozens if not hundreds of pieces of data. Sigh, oh well. Last night I loaded the result in the phone and it installed and runs fine. I've made some more edits via the desktop copy and synchronized and that went just fine in a reasonable time. I still have 1,800 plus records, but now I can see if I already own a copy of some eclectic recording when I'm wandering garage sales on my bicycle.

So my basic problem is solved, but I still have developed an intense dislike of my Crackberry. Oh why didn't I just wait and get a Droid. Duh.