HandBase 3 to 4 and Palm to Blackberry Storm2

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

HandBase 3 to 4 and Palm to Blackberry Storm2

Postby Shubha Kerkar » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:28 pm

I have a complicated problem: I will try to define it, as best as I can since I am not computer savy. I anticipate that if possible some one from the IT may have to walk me thru the solution.

I had Handbase version since 2002 (approximately). It was on a Palm Handheld (tungsten C). The version I believe I had was 3.5.
I recently acquired a Blackberry Storm 2, in October 2009.
I purchased the Handbase 4. And then tried to "Crossgrade" and :"Upgrade".

Somehow I was not sure if in doing so i ended up with HandBase for "Professional" for $24.99.
AND Handbase for Enterprise at $39.99.

I am unable to successfully convert my DB from Handbase 3 Palm to BB, and from level 3 to 4 version.
I do have portions of the DB in my BB. but it is not complete data as I had in the Palm.
Please Help...
Shubha Kerkar

Re: HandBase 3 to 4 and Palm to Blackberry Storm2

Postby dhaupert » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:14 am

Hi there,

Thanks for crossgrading. It sounds like you may have inadvertantly purchased two copies or something to that effect. I'd suggest emailing sales@ddhsoftware.com with your information in that regard and they can figure this out and credit you if required.

Now to the issue where you're not seeing all the data, is it that you are only seeing a partial database? Or is it that you are seeing only certain databases?
dhaupert

Postby Shubha Kerkar » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:23 pm

So In your opinion which is the one I need? From what I understood that the Crossgrade was to facilitate the transistion from HanDBase 3 to 4. Is this coreect? Do I need $24.99 one or the $39.99 one?
Professional Vs the Enterprise one? Is it possible that the 2 together are interferring with either working?

Yes I have partial data in my Blackberry.
Shubha Kerkar

Postby dhaupert » Tue Dec 01, 2009 1:10 pm

A crossgrade is when you switch from one platform to another. For example, palm to BlackBerry. Typically we charge 14.99 for this. An upgrade is going from a lesser version to a more featured version (eg, from Plus to Professional or from Professional to Enterprise). When you contact sales, they will look up your order and see what exactly you did and we can then determine what to reverse.

It's not possible to have both Professional and enterprise on the Blackberry- they are the same application, so one would overwrite the other. All the differences reside on the desktop portion, and specifically the conduits that are included with it.

Let's go with the original plan and take things one step at a time!
dhaupert

Postby Shubha Kerkar » Wed Dec 02, 2009 11:46 am

Is It possible that since I have both Professional and Eterprise version that it is taking too long to Configure and Synchronize??
How do I go about the Uninstallation of the one (Professional version) ? Will that work better? Right now it is not working and i have incomplete data in my Blackberry.
Please help.
Shubha Kerkar

Postby dhaupert » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:56 pm

Hi there,

Whichever conduit was installed last is run, as the registry is configured to launch that when you select the Configure, BlackBerry Users. So there is no conflict there. I am thinking there is something happening based on the size of some of your databases. We have a known issue with certain (not all) larger databases where even though you may have 10MB free space, and a 3 MB database, it still won't fit. This is a very tricky one to debug, but hoping to find a solution and a future update will address it.

In the meantime, here is my suggestion- rather than install a bunch of databases, try installing one at a time, from smallest (in file size) to largest. Queue one up for each sync and see how far you can get. If the first one to fail is not something sensitive/private, perhaps you can send it and we can test and debug on this end!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry