Cannot synch DB changes to BBerry 8830

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

Cannot synch DB changes to BBerry 8830

Postby tmstephens » Wed Jun 10, 2009 10:06 am

I converted my palm license to my BBerry to consolodate my life.

Question 1:
I know I cannot modify the DB structure on the BBerry. However, when I add a new view to the DB on the desktop, click on the Install to Handheld/Smartphone, then synch the changes using the HandDbase utility, the DB structure changes dont come over to the BBerry. I thought it would move over the DB structure changes?

Question 2:
How can I delete or remove an unwanted DB from the BBerry?

Thanks,
tmstephens

Re: Cannot synch DB changes to BBerry 8830

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jun 10, 2009 6:23 pm

tmstephens wrote:I converted my palm license to my BBerry to consolodate my life.

Question 1:
I know I cannot modify the DB structure on the BBerry. However, when I add a new view to the DB on the desktop, click on the Install to Handheld/Smartphone, then synch the changes using the HandDbase utility, the DB structure changes dont come over to the BBerry. I thought it would move over the DB structure changes?

This indeed should work, perhaps you can quote the relevant section of the Sync Log to here, or email it to me directly? We can determine why this did not happen for you!

Question 2:
How can I delete or remove an unwanted DB from the BBerry?

In the list view, highlight the database name at the top and then press the menu button. This should bring up an option to manage databases. You can select the database and then choose menu again and an option to delete is there.
dhaupert

Postby tmstephens » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:16 pm

Thank you so much! I am now able to do the things you said and the DB changes seem to be coming over.

Now I want to setup the database to synch data changes from both the BBerry and the desktop.

In the Manage Blackberry users screen, I Edit the Synch Settings. My user is there but there are no databases except for [DEFAULT].
How can I add my databases in the BBerry Sync Setting screen to manage the data flow?

Thanks again and I appreciate you help!
tmstephens

Postby tmstephens » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:30 pm

Ok thanks alot! I am able to do those things you told me about.

One more question. When I go to the BBerry Sych settings, how can I add my databases so I can set my synch settings for each them?
Right now all I have is the [DEFAULT] database.

Thanks again!
tmstephens

Postby tmstephens » Fri Jun 12, 2009 10:24 am

Thanks, all the items you discussed works great!
I tried to post a response twice for this thread yesterday but for some reason it did not get posted.

I have one more question.
How can I get my databases to show up in the “Blackberry Sync Settings” so I can synch the data to and from the BBerry to the desktop? Right now all I see is the [DEFAULT] database.
tmstephens

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:06 pm

Sorry about the delay- there was a problem with the recent switch to moderating new users to catch all the spammers. That's why the posting did not show!

In response to your question, when you do a successful sync, that list should be populated with all the databases that were synced. Please try again after syncing and if you're not seeing them there, please send a copy of your sync log so I can see what could be going wrong!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry