going back

Discuss HanDBase running on RIM BlackBerry devices and synchronization with a desktop.

going back

Postby palomartian » Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:05 am

I replaced a hard drive. In the process of loading the desktop app I managed to put version 4.1.5.01 on the phone. This one has the charming feature of going directly to the edit record mode when you "click" on a record in list view. Fine if one's typical behavior is changing his favorite brand of smoked gouda on a grocery list, maddeningly slow if one's database is substantial. Yes, I can click menu then view record, but I'd rather go back to a version where I'm not as likely to get stalled by the balky HDB/RIM OS interface. I realize this is nothing compared to the horror that is the hideously misnamed "quick search," but it's still annoying.
palomartian

Re: going back

Postby dhaupert » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:23 am

Unfortunately we don't have prior versions available for redownload unless the current version is a development version. Hopefully you have a backup of it somewhere and can reinstall from there!

Regarding the Quick Search- it's easy to disable that feature on large databases, just set Quick Search to 'No Field' and it won't try to search any fields on that database.
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for BlackBerry