Desktop Sync

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Re: Desktop Sync

Postby CGRG » Tue Sep 05, 2017 9:26 pm

As I see it unattended synching is the major issue.
Many of the other issues can be or have been resolved.

I actually purchased the software and deleted it when I couldn't get unattended sync to work. I wonder if I can get it back. I feel a change coming.

IMHO, unattended sync is THE critical piece to the products success.
By opening a Port on the Router and using VPN (Virtual Private Network) will put the pc and the phone on the same network. There is plenty of VPN software in the APP Store.
If the product had unattended sync I have nearly 100 users that would be using it. The users are scattered across the state and need some secure software to sync their data.
They will be adding new data but not editing data.
You have a unique product with only one competitor and their price is way over the top. The others want you to sign up to a service and they store your data on their servers. I can't allow my data to reside on their servers or in the cloud. I need a direct transfer of data from the phone/pc directly to the database. Also I'd love it if you supported other databases like SQL Server or MySQL.
Can you put a special effort into getting an unattended sync?
CGRG

Re: Desktop Sync

Postby ddhsoftwareadmin » Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:09 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your followup and kind words!

The challenges with implementing an unattended sync to your own server are numerous but the biggest is that the majority of users don't want to set up an open port on their own servers and would rather a turn key solution that just works automatically without any noticeable syncing at all. That's the goal I am planning for and working towards.

That said if you really have at least 100 users that would purchase a solution like this, perhaps we can talk about doing something about it- please email me at dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com and let's see if we might be able to work something out!
ddhsoftwareadmin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to HanDBase for Windows