What's the proper procedure to rename / delete dbs?

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

What's the proper procedure to rename / delete dbs?

Postby Saintor » Tue Oct 05, 2010 7:47 pm

It seems that I have to do some manual adjustments, yet I am not sure of the impact. Could somebody elaborate? TIA.
Saintor

Re: What's the proper procedure to rename / delete dbs?

Postby curtterp » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:57 pm

To rename a database, go to database properties, then click on General. There is where the database name is and you can change it. You need to say OK twice (once for the general, and once for database properties) for the change to take effect.

To delete the database, go to where the database is stored and delete the pdb file. The easiest way to find where the database is, go to file, then reopen. It will show you the path to where the database is.

Both instructions are for Windows Desktop edition
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby Saintor » Fri Oct 08, 2010 7:43 pm

I meant not the database name itself, but the database file name.

If I understand correctly, everything can be done in Windows Explorer.
Saintor

Postby curtterp » Fri Oct 08, 2010 9:17 pm

Saintor wrote:I meant not the database name itself, but the database file name.

If I understand correctly, everything can be done in Windows Explorer.

You can change the name of the file through Windows Explorer. Just find the file, right click on the file, and choose 'Rename'. You will see the filename highlighted. You can now type the new filename here, but make SURE THAT YOU ADD '.pdb' at the end otherwise HanDBase will not see the file.... when you press the Enter key to make the change, if WIndows comes up with "Do you want to change the file extension......." message, then you forgot to add the .pdb on the end. Click cancel at that point and try again.

Note - Changing the file name does not change the database name.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase for Windows