Default user in DB browser

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Default user in DB browser

Postby griffinr » Mon Oct 18, 2010 12:45 pm

I uninstalled HDB for Windows Mobile and installed the new Android version. The DB Browser still contains the user entry for Windows Mobile. How do I remove this from the list?

It wouldn’t mind keeping it there but when I start HDB it’s the default and I have to select my Android device.

Thanks,
Bob
griffinr

Re: Default user in DB browser

Postby dhaupert » Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:24 am

Hi Bob,

Thanks for your post- that's a great question. We do a scan for all user types and generally the order of this is: Palm, Windows Mobile, BlackBerry, iPhone, Android, because that is the order the apps were developed. There isn't a sort option for this at the time, but that is something I could add in the future.

The way we scan for Windows Mobile users is by querying the registry in the Microsoft Activesync sections for devices that have partnerships. Thus, to remove it from that list, you would have to remove the partnership from the ActiveSync settings. If you're sure you want to do this:

- Open ActiveSync.
- Select File and there is a section for the partnerships there opening a submenu.
- Select the user you want to delete and then you can remove that partnership.
- Repeat for any other Windows Mobile devices you have.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Postby griffinr » Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:26 am

Dave,

That worked perfectly.

Thanks for your help,

Bob
griffinr

Postby jjmcgaffey » Sun Nov 14, 2010 7:26 am

OK, I have the same problem, with my Palm user. I'm not quite willing to delete it yet, mostly because I might want to refer to my earlier forms when we get them for Android, but I really want to not have it show up first. I've had several episodes of frustration where I sync and go to look at the DBs and nothing's changed...it takes me a while to realize I'm looking at my PalmOS user and DBs instead of the Android ones. A sort option would be wonderful, but in the short term - is there a similar way to hide the existence of the Palm DBs from HanDBase? I was syncing via Bluetooth, if it makes a difference. And for future reference - how would I delete a user from HDB? Same thing, just hide/remove whatever it's looking at to see the Palm user?

A tangential issue - is there any way to move where HDB looks for my databases? The DB folder is in My Documents now, which is annoying - I have a separate folder for data, and that's where I'd prefer HDB to store the DBs. I seem to recall that I was able to move my Palm DBs, but I can't find anything for moving the Android ones...and it's been so long I have no idea what I did with the Palm ones.

Thanks!
jjmcgaffey

Return to HanDBase for Windows