Regressions in Windows Desktop version 4.2.0?

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Regressions in Windows Desktop version 4.2.0?

Postby mike@dcsamerica.com » Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:12 pm

Hi,

I've experienced a couple of (seemingly) regressions since upgrading to version 4.2.0. I upgraded after purchasing the Android version.

Now, when I export a database to a .CSV file, it always defaults to name the file the database name and put it in the same path as the database itself. Previous versions (4.1.5 and earlier) would always default to the file name and path that the database was exported to last.

Every time that I check for updates (or HanDBase automatically checks) I receive the message: "HanDBase Enterprise for Android Add-on New Release Version Build available." The version and build number are missing. If I actually check the website, 4.2.0 is the only version listed for download (which is what I have).

Lastly, and I've already posted about this on the Android forum, and don't know where the problem is originating. If I make database property changes on my Android device, those changes are lost the first time I sync to the desktop version. If I make changes on the desktop version (not during the same sync) they will transfer to the Android device. I'm not sure if the desktop version is causing this problem, or the Android version.

Thanks for your consideration of these issues,

Mike E.
mike@dcsamerica.com

Re: Regressions in Windows Desktop version 4.2.0?

Postby dhaupert » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:02 pm

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your post. To respond to each item:

Now, when I export a database to a .CSV file, it always defaults to name the file the database name and put it in the same path as the database itself. Previous versions (4.1.5 and earlier) would always default to the file name and path that the database was exported to last.

I have not made any changes to that section of code. I'm not sure why you'd see a change there! I'll do some testing and see if it's happening for me...

Every time that I check for updates (or HanDBase automatically checks) I receive the message: "HanDBase Enterprise for Android Add-on New Release Version Build available." The version and build number are missing. If I actually check the website, 4.2.0 is the only version listed for download (which is what I have).

There is indeed a problem here and I hope to remedy that for the next build. Sorry about this!

Lastly, and I've already posted about this on the Android forum, and don't know where the problem is originating. If I make database property changes on my Android device, those changes are lost the first time I sync to the desktop version. If I make changes on the desktop version (not during the same sync) they will transfer to the Android device. I'm not sure if the desktop version is causing this problem, or the Android version.

This sounds related to a different issue I'm tracking with changing views. I hope to have this fixed in the next build of HanDBase for Android as it appears to be a problem with that side not updating a time stamp on the database properties.

Sorry for the inconvenience!
dhaupert

Re: Regressions in Windows Desktop version 4.2.0?

Postby mike@dcsamerica.com » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:43 pm

dhaupert wrote:

I have not made any changes to that section of code. I'm not sure why you'd see a change there! I'll do some testing and see if it's happening for me...

I just uninstalled, deleted all files (not registry entries though) and then started all over. Same result, it definitely seems to have changed on my end. Let me know if there is anything I could do to help you track it down.

dhaupert wrote:

This sounds related to a different issue I'm tracking with changing views. I hope to have this fixed in the next build of HanDBase for Android as it appears to be a problem with that side not updating a time stamp on the database properties.

This was specifically changing the "Quick Search Field." Since I have had trouble with the changing views also, I grouped them together as all database property changes, which could be wrong. Sorry for misleading you.

Thanks,

Mike E.
mike@dcsamerica.com

Return to HanDBase for Windows