Cannot open backup database to restore it

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Cannot open backup database to restore it

Postby jeff in new england » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:44 pm

Greetings:

My palm zire 31 recently has had problems with "hotsynch manager application has encountered an error'''" every time it comes to backing up the Handbase databases. I lost one database so far, and when I go to the backup folder, and click on the database, it won't open it, only send it to the instal window for the next hot synch. On the handbase desktop, the database opens, and is blank, but on the bottom it shows 0/66 records. It appears that all of a sudden, many issues are going on here, from hotsynch errors to not being able to restore a database. How can I approach this? I know my palm is ancient, but it was working great until 2 days ago.

Thanks,

Jeff
jeff in new england

Re: Cannot open backup database to restore it

Postby dhaupert » Wed Nov 10, 2010 11:51 am

Hi Jeff,

It sounds like you have a corrupt database on your hands. That's usually why the sync will fail/crash. The backup file you are opening in the HanDBase desktop- you mentioned it has 0/66 records shown- have you checked the filters to make sure they are disabled? If they aren't, there's an easy fix for that. If they are and none still show, perhaps that backup is also corrupt. Try going to an older backup than that- we keep the last 10 backups for the device and the desktop in the folder C:\program files\palm\username\HanDBase\backup

You can try opening the newest in there within the HanDBase desktop and then repeat until you find one that's good. Once you do, you can select File|Install to Smartphone\handheld and then choose to install it to your device to restore it.

Let me know how it goes!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows