Print Reports Function

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Print Reports Function

Postby JStettler » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:27 pm

Hello;

I have been having troubles getting HDB to print reports. I have followed the directions for building reports but every time I try to use the "print Report" function I get "Error: No Report Templates Defined for this Database" The sample Contact Report from the website won't even work. I was looking at post from username lagunacreek from early 2010 and I think that I have the same problem. In a response dhaupert wrote,

"It will be available on the regular download page and be listed as under Latest Development Release, which you won't see at the moment, until I upload the new Development Build. I haven't had a chance to do that this evening but will work on it first thing tomorrow.

I will post here again when I've gotten that uploaded"

But I can't find the fix that was made.

Any help would be great.
JStettler
JStettler

Re: Print Reports Function

Postby dhaupert » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:45 am

Hi there,

I'm not aware of any issues with the reports function- I believe they were all addressed back then. Can you tell me where you're putting the templates for the database, and also verify the first line of the template file you have saved there? I want to make sure all is set up properly..
dhaupert

Postby JStettler » Mon Jan 10, 2011 8:49 am

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly!

I am putting the templates in ...My Documents/HanDBase/Reports/SOSlocations2010.htm (file name). The database is saved in the HanDbase folder the reports folder is in. I have tried in other locations as well like ...C:\Program Files\HanDBase\Reports; on the desktop; I have tried putting the report template in the same folder as the datadase I am trying to query. Nothing seems to work. The first line is the database file name. Also, I could not get the sample contact report to be populated with the info from the given contact database. The problem may have been fixed back then, but I don't see how I could have gotten the fix into my software without downloading it. If it was an automatic update, I don't think my work server allows those so I couldn't have gotten it.

If you can help me to diagnose the problem let me know what other info you need.

Thanks
JStettler
JStettler

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:46 am

I believe the fixes made back then were in the installer so the version number didn't likely change. None of our updates are automatic- it always requires you logging into the registered user's section. If you'd like to email me the database and report I can verify it works on my end in the folders you have set up and we can then revisit a reinstall of the files for you or see what else could be wrong. My email is listed below..
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows