Syncing from iPhone to Windows

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Syncing from iPhone to Windows

Postby ayjay3 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:59 pm

I have tried setting the sync parameters so many times and so many different way (in XP and 7) but I cannot get syncronising to work, even though the logs imply they have synced.

I did manage to copy one from the phone to a new blank database on the desktop, but I cannot get to go the other way, nor the same way now. So I have to make the same additions or alterations in both to keep them the same - defeats the syncing function.

I need help please to get this to work reliably.
ayjay3

Re: Syncing from iPhone to Windows

Postby dhaupert » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:11 am

Hi there,

You shouldn't need to alter any sync settings to make a sync work- by default the mode is synchronization. The most common issue is a misconception- if you have a database stored somewhere on your computer and then install it to your iPhone, it's not going to continue to sync to that random file you had. This is because HanDBase creates and maintains a mirror folder of all of your iPhone databases. When you select File|Open you will see the databases that have synced from the device and can open and make changes there. Could this be the problem you are seeing on your end?

If not, please copy and paste the latest sync's log information in a followup here and we'll see what could be happening!
dhaupert

Postby ayjay3 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 11:41 am

Ah, sussed it!

If you make changes to one version of the database, you have to save it before syncing, otherwise the changes won't be carried to the other! Not mentioned anywhere that I can see in the instructions.
ayjay3

Postby dhaupert » Thu Mar 24, 2011 12:19 pm

Hi there,

Not sure I follow what you are saying. Could you clarify?
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows