HanDBase Updates

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

HanDBase Updates

Postby Panteleone » Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:59 pm

I am wondering how HanDBase updates should be handled. I am always concerned about complete uninstalls for fear that some hidden files will be left behind and could affect a new installation. On the other hand, I am also concerned about installing a new version on top of a existing one, especially when I do not see warnings or notifications from the application asking me if I want to replace the existing installation... In short, when handling an updated version, is it safe to just run the .exe file as it comes, or should the original installation be first removed, i.e., uninstalled? Most programs will simply update whatever sections have been modified, others just overwrite the existing installation. What should one do when downloading a new HanDBase version to update an existing one?

Sergio.
Panteleone

Re: HanDBase Updates

Postby dhaupert » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:19 am

Hi Sergio,

Thanks for your post and question. The HanDBase updates always ship as an installer that will update components needed. There is no need to uninstall anything you have as any updates will overwrite whatever needs to be overwritten. If there's ever an exception to this the installer will tell you upon launch, so I wouldn't worry about this detail- just install the update and it should work fine!

We almost never do anything to the database folder so you shouldn't have to worry about any databases disappearing either. Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows