replace newly modified db with previous db

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

replace newly modified db with previous db

Postby fritzmom » Thu Mar 03, 2011 8:39 am

Hi All

I'm posting to the desktop forum, but this also concerns the iPhone/iTouch.

using iTouch and Desktop for Windows

This is probably very simple to answer (and most probably know the answer) but I'm not sure.

I want to modify an existing db on the desktop. I will sync between the iTouch and Desktop PRIOR to modifying the db. Now, IF (or should I say when LOL) I should 'screw up' the db while trying to change it, how can I replace it with the way it was just prior? I'm afraid that if I do another sync, the iTouch db (which is the original and working fine), will be changed to the reflect what I've done on the desktop. Do I make any sense???? This won't matter if I don't save the changes, but sometimes the fingers move before the brain kicks in!

I realize that the dbs are backed up, I've seen them on the C drive, but how to I get a particular db back?

Thanks for any help.
Barb
fritzmom

Re: replace newly modified db with previous db

Postby dhaupert » Thu Mar 03, 2011 12:48 pm

Hi Barb,

Thanks for your question. One thing you can do is use the File|Save As feature to save the database to a different location. When prompted to install to a device, don't select any devices and it will stay desktop only for that time. Once you're done with it and feel ready to transfer to the desktop, use File Save again and this time select your device name. This will queue it to overwrite what is on the device on the next sync. After that sync, don't open the file you've saved in a different location any longer, open the one that is under the File|Open list of databases for your user as that will now be the working copy again.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows