How to delete a database (also from sync list)

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

How to delete a database (also from sync list)

Postby g.dubbeld » Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:50 am

Hello,

Using Handbase4, how do you delete a complete database, so this is also removed from the sync list.
On my blackberry, i can manually remove the database. But this is the only option.

For now i manually removed the file from the handbase documents map so this is not visible anymore in the handbase app. In the sync list i set the sync options for that database to "do nothing".
But there should be an easier way?
g.dubbeld

Re: How to delete a database (also from sync list)

Postby dhaupert » Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:10 am

When you delete an app from HanDBase on the BlackBerry and then sync, it's then removed from the HanDBase folder on the desktop and placed in the Archived folder. This is because we treat the BlackBerry as the master list. If you delete the database from the folder on the desktop but not the BlackBerry, you will see it reappear after the sync, and that sometimes surprises people! But this is because the master list of databases is the BlackBerry.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Postby g.dubbeld » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:01 am

Is there an easy way to get the delete database removed from the sync list. This because i had this done now manually from the pc end and the bb end.
I tried to set 1 db sync to sync again, but it's is still there after a sync.

By the way, i cleaned up old db i didn't use anymore. Including the ones who gave error during sync. Now the sync works all the time flawless.
g.dubbeld

Postby dhaupert » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:15 am

Hi there,

Are you referring to the Edit Sync Settings screen list of database settings? If so, you can delete from there by clicking it's name in the list and then the button that says Delete Settings. When you do that, it's removed from the list.
dhaupert

Postby g.dubbeld » Wed Mar 23, 2011 11:48 am

Yes, thats it, thanks
g.dubbeld

Return to HanDBase for Windows