Checkbox won't change in Desktop after Android add-on?

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Checkbox won't change in Desktop after Android add-on?

Postby lefulkerson » Mon May 23, 2011 1:30 pm

After upgrading Android Add-on, clicking a checkbox in Desktop will not change the checkbox... The field won't change to checked or uncheck either way.... Works OK on Pocket PC, but not working on any checkbox in Desktop.... Text fields, DB Lookups and Lookups w/List work fine.....????
lefulkerson

Re: Checkbox won't change in Desktop after Android add-on?

Postby dhaupert » Tue May 24, 2011 8:25 am

Are you saying the checkbox in the Edit Record screen won't change, or are you trying to change from the list view? I am not seeing this on my end (when trying to change from the edit record screen) and haven't changed anything in that regard either so I'm perplexed!

Please provide some more detail..
dhaupert

Postby lefulkerson » Tue May 24, 2011 10:06 am

Good point, David... during list display I have been able to tap a checkbox in a record and change its value on Pocket PC and on desktop..... The database has three checkboxes.... The first two still change as previously, but now neither the Pocket PC nor the desktop will change the third checkbox when tapped or clicked the value doesn't change - the checkbox field flashes on the screen, but it never gets checked from it's default of unchecked.... I'll separately send the database to you on this one.....
lefulkerson

Postby lefulkerson » Tue May 24, 2011 1:51 pm

Not sure what caused the failure to change on click or tap, but, deleted check-box from form, closed and saved and then added check-box back to form and saved and after testing, the functionality is back and it's working again..... Maybe you fixed it???? Anyway, it's working again and I'm sending another copy of the database now working for comparison.... Thanks...
lefulkerson

Postby dhaupert » Tue May 24, 2011 2:19 pm

I promise I didn't fix it! Though it would be nice to have a remote debug and fix feature, it's not part of any version of HanDBase ;)

The fact that it wasn't working on the Windows Mobile version which has not changed since your update makes me think it was some other fluke thing. I guess we'll see if it pops back up and I will take a look at the two databases to see for sure..
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows