Can't sync desktop and Pocket PC

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Can't sync desktop and Pocket PC

Postby Wisegrl » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:22 pm

I am having issues syncing my desktop Handbase version 4.1 to my Pocket PC which runs on Windows Mobile Device Center. I have windows Vista. I made some changes to some of my handheld databases and my computer used to sync it to my Handbase desktop and vice versa. Now handbase is only syncing to my handheld and not putting the changes on my desktop handbase. A couple of months ago I had to have some work done on my computer to get my printer to print wirelessly from my laptop and my friend that was working on it did alot of stuff to my computer to organize files, etc. I am just wondering if something happened that disabled my computer to sync to the desktop databases. Can someone please walk me through the steps to check and see if I need to make a change to get this to work again? Thank you.
Wisegrl

Re: Can't sync desktop and Pocket PC

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:04 am

Wisegrl wrote:I am having issues syncing my desktop Handbase version 4.1 to my Pocket PC which runs on Windows Mobile Device Center. I have windows Vista. I made some changes to some of my handheld databases and my computer used to sync it to my Handbase desktop and vice versa. Now handbase is only syncing to my handheld and not putting the changes on my desktop handbase. A couple of months ago I had to have some work done on my computer to get my printer to print wirelessly from my laptop and my friend that was working on it did alot of stuff to my computer to organize files, etc. I am just wondering if something happened that disabled my computer to sync to the desktop databases. Can someone please walk me through the steps to check and see if I need to make a change to get this to work again? Thank you.

Hi,

I apologize for the delayed response- I've been on vacation the last 3 days. I was going to first suggest you download the latest development version of the HanDBase application. The reason being is that we updated the file locations and applications themselves to better run under Vista and Windows Mobile Device center. My suggestion would be to do that and see if the problem persists, and if so, reply back. Then if necessary we can take the steps to see where things have gone astray!
dhaupert

Postby jledv » Sun Aug 09, 2009 2:27 pm

The latest development release (4.1.5 build D4) is syncing databases to C:\Program Files\HanDBase\ActiveSync\<devicename> for me. I spent all morning figuring this out, because I'd forgotten that the UAC prompt was the reason I had decided to avoid the HanDBase sync tool.

For now, I've installed Norton's UAC tool (which allows you to set UAC exceptions for specific applications), but I thought I'd let you know that it still might be an issue for some users.
jledv

Postby griffinr » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:13 pm

Hello,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same trouble.

Bob
griffinr

Postby dhaupert » Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:21 pm

griffinr wrote:Hello,

Did you ever resolve this issue? I'm having the same trouble.

Bob

Hi Bob,

We did indeed release another development version that fixed the path issue after that email. Please make sure you have the latest development version installed!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows