Syncing HX4700 to PC caused data loss & file corruption

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Syncing HX4700 to PC caused data loss & file corruption

Postby RosieAppleSF » Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:56 pm

Hi, I am a long time user of HanDBase, since Dec 2003. I am using version 4.1.5c on my HP Ipaq HX4700 running Windows Mobile 2003 Second Edition Version 4.2.1.1088 (Build 15045.2.6.0). I use it primarily to keep track of my TV and Movie database. At this point I have 2919 records or I did until I put my HX4700 on the sync cradle attached to an Alienware Desktop running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit version 6.1 (build 7601: Service Pack 1). Upon the next use of my HX4700 I had lost 9 records and when trying to renter them I am unable to save any text into the title field. I can enter the text into the title field, but when I try to save the field the text is not saved. At that point I opened the synced file on my Alienware Desktop running HanDBase Desktop version 4.1.5d and it behaved exactly the save way as the mobile version. I think database is corrupted. I have attached the zipped database. Thanks in advance.
Attachments
BU1.pdb.zip
(128.04 KiB) Downloaded 20 times
RosieAppleSF

Re: Syncing HX4700 to PC caused data loss & file corruption

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Hi,

Thanks for posting. Sorry to read about the sync issue you experienced.

I would encourage you to look at your backups of the database, as created by the sync conduit. The backups are date and time stamped, so you can identify the most recent file. Open it in HanDBase Desktop to verify it works properly and has all (or at least all prior to your last sync) records.

Once you find the correct file, with it open in HanDBase Desktop select File - Install. Choose the handheld partnership, click OK and close the database. Then sync the handheld. The install will overwrite the version of the file on your handheld and will correct the desktop version.

After doing so, you should be all set. If you do encounter the issue again, please let us know.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Windows