Bug with pop-up

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Bug with pop-up

Postby fredhammersmith » Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:19 pm

Hi everybody... 1st post.

I looked for a long time for a DB app for my iPhone. FileMaker was my firend for a long time,m but it is just too heavy for iOs. HanDBase seems pretty interesting, but before buying and moving all my data in a new solution, I decided to work a bit with the Windows desktop demo, to see if I can create a useful database structure.

I need many linked databases. For testing purposes, I started small, creating two databases, with one DB popup and one Relationship field between them. But each time i expect a pop up window, all I see is just a flash of a window opening and then closing immediately.

Is this a documented bug?
fredhammersmith

Re: Bug with pop-up

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:58 pm

Hi,

Thanks for writing. Sorry to read of the issue you are encountering. It doesn't sound like an issue I'm familiar with. Any chance you can send me a copy of the databases and a list of the steps needed to reproduce the issue? If so, please send them to support@ddhsoftware.com so we can check out why this is happening.

Thanks in advance.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby Will_Smyth » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:06 am

Hi

I am seeing a similar situation. Two DB's configured with relationship. On the windows desktop the DB view shows, in my case, the fist record from the related DB
When I click on the button see the DB2 data I get a flash of the screen. If I go ahead and load the DB's to my iphone the relationship button works correctly?

DB1
Sales-Account-Code
Name
History <-----------------------relationship field to Sales-Account-Code in DB2

DB2
Sales-Account-Code
Stock-Code
Description
Will_Smyth

Postby basravim » Mon Nov 19, 2012 11:04 pm

Hi Brian,

Was the question about the pop-up bug in the Windows Desktop environment, posted by fredhammersmith, ever resolved? Is this a real bug or just a user oversight?

MB
basravim

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:33 am

Hi,

I was never able to duplicate this error.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Windows