Do I need Professional?

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Do I need Professional?

Postby sherjohn70 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 4:25 pm

I currently have Desktop Standard as well as the Ipad Version. Each purchase separately.

I am trying to do all input and design from the desktop. I wish to add an image for each item in the inventory. Also I am ublee to design my database as I do not have the forms. What do I need?
sherjohn70

Do I need Professional?

Postby dhaupert » Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:46 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. You have a few options:

1. Buy the Professional desktop package. That will give you the ability to create and edit forms on the desktop as well as sync your iPad with the desktop and auto backup any pictures you take, etc.

2. Buy the Forms add-on on the iPad. Then you'd be able to build forms right on the device. Lest you think this is a sub-par experience than the desktop, in my opinion the iPad forms is better than the desktop! I use it to design forms for my databases and for clients.

I'm assuming the pictures you want to assign are done on the iPad? If it's the desktop you wish to do this, it's not as fluid of a process to assign images there- more of a manual process. On the iPad once you set it up, it's as simple as selecting from the library or taking a picture via the camera (if you have a device with a camera that is!).

Blessings,
Dave Haupert
dhaupert@ddhsoftware.com http://www.ddhsoftware.com
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows