New phone now left over users on desktop

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

New phone now left over users on desktop

Postby paul84 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:43 am

My Galaxy Note had to be replaced as it was faulty. Just to make it more tricky this has moved me from GB to ICS.

Anyway, getting round the ICS issues by copying & pasting the databases to the phone thru usb which works a treat as long as i only change the db on the phone or the desktop one at a time.

My main issue is due to aborted sync attempts till i discovered the ICS issues, i managed to create a couple of what appear to be garbage users.

One shows up as "()" & the other as 8 garbage charachters followed by "(Android)"

Any way to get rid of these. It doesn't stop anything but it's not pretty!

Thanks, Paul
paul84

Re: New phone now left over users on desktop

Postby curtterp » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:01 am

When you are in the sync conduit (where your users are shown), there are buttons below the users screen. Far right, there is a delete user button. Clicking this button will delete the user that is highlighted.

Note - on my setup, I have to expand the window to see the buttons below.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby paul84 » Thu Sep 06, 2012 5:43 am

Nope, tried that & going thru the config/sync Android menu. Can delete all i like but they are still there afterwards.

Thanks anyway...
paul84

Postby dhaupert » Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:59 am

Because they are garbage characters and such they probably are some corrupt registry entries. If you're comfortable going in and making registry changes, here's how to clean it up:

Open the registry editor. Browse to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\DDH Software\HanDBase4\Android\Users

There are keys here to list each user. If you see one with the garbage characters, you can delete that entire key. Repeat as necessary, save/exit and restart HanDBase Desktop for the changes to take effect.

Hope that helps!
dhaupert

Postby paul84 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:16 am

Thanks for that, worked a treat......

I did export the key first "just in case" but no need.

Thanks again, Paul
paul84

Return to HanDBase for Windows