Error hangs desktop HB

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Error hangs desktop HB

Postby idamtnboy » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:23 pm

I had some kind of an error in a calculated field. When I clicked on OK to close the dialog, the error window popped up with "Formula is invalid or corrupt, please verify." The error window refuses to close by clicking on either the X button or the OK button. A window behind it says Processing...., Recalculating Fields...., and there is no progress bar showing (I presume that's what's supposed to be there). My only choice was to force HB to close via Task Manager.
idamtnboy

Re: Error hangs desktop HB

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:31 am

Thanks for the notice.
What is the formula you were using, and did the error occur upon running the database again?
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby idamtnboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:11 pm

Most likely it was a formula simply adding a 0 to the value from a field in the previous record. That is what most of the formulas are in this db. It could have been something like an unmatched parenthesis, which happened several times, as a result of editing the formula rather than clearing it and starting over. That error has popped up a few other times, but only once has it locked up HB desktop. The other times it would stop processing and let me close the dialog.
idamtnboy

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:24 am

Thanks for following up.
If you do encounter the problem again, please feel free to post a copy of your database so we can look into the problem.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Windows