Recalculating all records

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Recalculating all records

Postby idamtnboy » Fri Nov 23, 2012 8:43 pm

How do I get HB Android, either desktop on the phone, to go through and recalculate all the records? When I close and reopen the db only one additional record part way down recalculates. This is one of those fields I reference in a conditional field. The condition is true but the output for only one additional record is updated. The remainder have the old imported text number in them. I sure hope I don't have to recreate the whole db in a spreadsheet just to get all the records to have the proper calculated value in them.

An option to force a recalculate record-by-record sure would be nice to have. Maybe you have already sensed my frustration with porting my Smartlist to Go database to HB because of the limitations compared to SLTG.

I applaud you for your efforts in keeping HB viable and up to date, and particularly for your dedication to make it available on multiple platforms. I just wish that some of the features I was accustomed to using in SLTG were in it!
idamtnboy

Re: Recalculating all records

Postby idamtnboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:21 am

OK, I got it figured out. The field that brings forward the previous value has to be in the list before the IF field that calls it.

But a recalc button still would be awfully nice to have!
idamtnboy

Return to HanDBase for Windows