How do I delete Palm user from Android desktop?

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

How do I delete Palm user from Android desktop?

Postby idamtnboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 12:08 am

I had both the Palm and Android versions of the desktop installed for testing, as well as the demo HB on my Palm. Since I'm moving from the Palm I deleted all Palm versions of HB, both desktop and handheld. But I still have my Palm user ID showing up in the desktop HB. What do I have to do to get rid of it. It's a nuisance having it show up in the desktop. I've looked everywhere, and tried everything I can think of to get rid of it. There is no option within HB to manage Palm users. I can't find any reference to the Palm user ID in the registry entries for HB nor in any folders or configuration files for HB. Where is it buried?

Is my only choice to uninstall and reinstall HB desktop? If I do that will that get rid of the Palm user, or not?
idamtnboy

Re: How do I delete Palm user from Android desktop?

Postby curtterp » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:01 am

This post might be useful to you

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2296#p9659
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby idamtnboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 1:48 am

curtterp wrote:This post might be useful to you

http://ddhsoftware.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 2296#p9659

Ouch! Is there no other way?

Uninstalling Palm desktop is not a viable option as I'm going to continue to use it for my desktop PIM. Or does anyone have a suggestion for a replacement for Palm desktop that syncs nicely with either the native contacts and calendar apps on Android, or a better one? I was planning on using DejaOffice on the phone and Companion Link to sync the Palm desktop with DejaOffice.
idamtnboy

Postby Brian_Houghton » Sat Nov 24, 2012 8:27 am

The standard way is to delete the whole Palm Desktop installation, as Curt noted.
You might be able to get by deleting the Palm user from HanDBase Desktop's registry.
If you are up for trying it, please email me at support @ ddhsoftware . com
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Postby idamtnboy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:27 pm

Brian_Houghton wrote:The standard way is to delete the whole Palm Desktop installation, as Curt noted.
You might be able to get by deleting the Palm user from HanDBase Desktop's registry.
If you are up for trying it, please email me at support @ ddhsoftware . com

On its way! Thanks.
idamtnboy

Postby idamtnboy » Sun Nov 25, 2012 10:41 pm

I found the answer, but it's not the type of fix that Dave & Brian would want discussed in the forum. If anyone else wants to accomplish this same thing send me a PM and I'll explain what I did. It's fairly simple, really, if you have the tools and knowledge to implement it.
idamtnboy

Return to HanDBase for Windows