MAX Views for databases

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

MAX Views for databases

Postby alinkrod » Thu Dec 06, 2012 1:43 pm

Dave, is there any way you can increase the max number of views for databases from 20 to around 40?

That is how I do my custom sorting on my safety audit database and need more than 20 to be able to pull up records that only pertain to a certain subject. Like Electrical issues, Confined Spaces and the like.

Rod
alinkrod

Re: MAX Views for databases

Postby dhaupert » Thu Dec 06, 2012 4:57 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. The reason for the 20 limit is that the views are stored in a header record of the PDB and we were limited by the maximum size allowed for that header. Could only fit 20 in there and have room for everything else. That said, if we modify the format to something other than the aged PDB file, we can give a much bigger limit to the number of views and that is something we plan to do in the future for v5.0. Unfortunately that development is still a ways off though we are planning and prioritizing for the feature list and so it is on our radar. Sorry I don't have more immediate solutions!
dhaupert

Postby alinkrod » Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:38 pm

Thanks for the reply Dave. I been using HDB since around 2000 and just now starting to use some of the great stuff in HDB.. Keep up the GREAT work!!! :D :D
alinkrod

Postby fritzmom » Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:46 am

Please allow me to cast my hope for more 'views' in the coming future. I too require more than the allowed views for one of my DBs, although currently getting around that by combining different criteria for multiple views into one.

But hoping that this might happen.

And let me take this opportunity to express my Thanks for wonderful products; I use both iPhone and Desktop versions of HanDBase and really don't know how I survived without them in the pre-computer/smartphone days!

Thanks from a happy customer
Barb
fritzmom

Postby ken.w » Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:51 pm

To add to this, I think nesting views would be really cool. Useful, plus it could be more efficient on screen real estate. Sort of folders of views for categorizing.
ken.w

Return to HanDBase for Windows