Key shortcuts etc

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Key shortcuts etc

Postby arturox » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:31 am

I'm in the process of editing an old address DB (HanDBase)

Q1) Aside from the tedium of general editing, there's the additional pain of not having a Key shortcut to delete a Record... infact I see no key shortcuts that relate to the 'Record' context menu anyway.
Why?

Q2) I had a block of 10 records (Multiple records following each other) that had to be deleted, but I could find no way to hilight/select all the 10 records and excise them in one go... Instead (Particularly with no key shortcut) each record had to be manually deleted via the context menu, and one at a time.

There are other places where multiple records need removing.

Is this possible?

Thanks
Dave
arturox

Re: Key shortcuts etc

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jan 07, 2013 7:49 am

Hi Dave,

Thanks for your post. To answer your questions:

1. There has never been a request for a keyboard shortcut to delete a record. That's the simple reason why- you're the first to ask for or need it!

2. HanDBase behaves differently than other apps in this regard- there is no way to highlight multiple records, however you can delete a single record, or you can mass delete using our filters. You can delete all records inside or outside the filter range. For example, if you no longer need 10 old records, filter them out of the view by some criteria that does not include them and then select the delete records command. You'll be asked if you want to delete all records inside, outside, or just plain all records.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Postby arturox » Mon Jan 07, 2013 3:59 pm

Thanks for the Note Dave.

1) Any chance of a Record key Delete shortcut in a future version?

2) I have tried the filter method, but obviously, It appears I don't understand its method as it deleted the stuff (Words) but left the now empty fields in place.

Dave
arturox

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jan 14, 2013 5:08 pm

arturox wrote:Thanks for the Note Dave.

1) Any chance of a Record key Delete shortcut in a future version?

My apologies, but I neglected to actually check to see if this was possible before my prior response. Indeed Alt D, Alt D in success will initiate a delete. One Alt D to get to the Details screen, and the other initiate the delete!

2) I have tried the filter method, but obviously, It appears I don't understand its method as it deleted the stuff (Words) but left the now empty fields in place.
Dave

Not sure what you mean by this. Can you tell me what you did and perhaps provide a screenshot or description of what you mean by empty fields? Thanks in advance!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows