Windows form designer questions

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Windows form designer questions

Postby optotronic » Thu Jan 10, 2013 2:09 pm

I purchased HanDBase for Android and I'm trialing Windows Desktop and the form designer. (I know forms don't work on Android yet, but I expect to do a lot of data entry on the desktop.) I haven't found the form designer help or documentation yet, so...

Where are the group, align, and size tools in the form designer? Manually moving and resizing each control one at a time is painful with more than a couple of fields, so automatic aligning and sizing, and grouping for moving/aligning/sizing is very important.

Also, how can I disable a form without deleting it? For example, say I started one but got tired of manually sizing and aligning 100 controls, and want to finish later, so I'd like to use the default input form for now.

Thank you,
Bill
optotronic

Re: Windows form designer questions

Postby dhaupert » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:06 pm

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your post and questions!

1. The documentation for all of our apps can be found on our support page via the documentation link (first link on the page). In particular here is a direct link to the forms desktop documentation:

http://www.ddhsoftware.com/docs/HanDBas ... esktop.pdf

2. re: Alignment there are no ways to change multiple controls at the same time (ie, grouping). There is an option to show an alignment grid and you can control the spacing of this grid. There is also a snap to grid option. That's about all you have to go with. When someone wants to create a form on the desktop I suggest using the wizard to automatically create the forms and then you can modify them as needed. You still have to move things around manually but hopefully the bulk of the items will already be aligned. Hopefully the next major update will support grouping of multiple items. That's a ways away so no sense in waiting for that if you're hoping to use these forms any time soon!

3. In the forms properties, you select whether it's the start form for the various platforms (desktop, iPhone, etc). Just disable the form you're working with from being the start form and the old edit record screen should appear when you select a record.

Hope this helps!
dhaupert

Postby optotronic » Fri Jan 11, 2013 9:31 pm

Hi Dave,

Thank you for your response. I appreciate the answers.

1. Thank you; I missed that one.

2. I understand. Please consider this a vote for grouping in a future version.

3. Just what I needed. Thanks!

Finest regards,
Bill Root
optotronic

Postby ncrespo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:23 pm

Hello
I try to discover the way for use the same form in differents DB ,and I need put differents names of each DB to see in the same category , but when I change the DB name: all the forms relationship with this ,(inclusive in differentes DB) dissapear and I have to do all again ..
I hope you can understand me...

The main thing that I need is use a only FORM ,for many differents DB and Put differents names for each one
thanks,

NC
ncrespo

Return to HanDBase for Windows