One Form For Many DB : Names of DB

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

One Form For Many DB : Names of DB

Postby ncrespo » Tue Jan 22, 2013 2:37 pm

Hello

I have 1 especific form that I want to use in many differents DB , I charge the new recors and I put Save As with the new name , the problem appear when I try to open that Db from my devices , all appear with the First Name of the DB when the Form was created , when I change the name of DB in my new job , the form is deleted and the form from the original DB too..
I need rename all my DB to indentify it , but I cant do it ..
Can you Help me , please?

Thaks ,

NC.
ncrespo

Re: One Form For Many DB : Names of DB

Postby dhaupert » Wed Jan 23, 2013 9:43 am

Hi there,

The file name of the form is not what ties it to the database that it works with. These files are binary files with a header that has information specific to the database and fields in that database so renaming it won't make the change you desire! To copy a form from one database to another you need the desktop forms designer which has a feature Copy Form under the Edit Menu. There you can pick to copy that form to a different database so it can be used there.

I am working on adding the same feature to the HanDBase for iPhone and HanDBase for iPad forms designers as well, so hopefully within a few weeks you'll have that ability there as well.
dhaupert

Re: One Form For Many DB : Names of DB

Postby ncrespo » Wed Jan 23, 2013 3:20 pm

Thanks! yes the problem appear in the iPAD , but at the moment I found the solution! , If you change only the category instead of change the DB name (in configure>edit dabase options > GENERAL ) you can see the name very well..

regards,

Natalia.-
ncrespo

Return to HanDBase for Windows