Unable to connect now

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Re: Unable to connect now

Postby ja_baker » Wed Jan 30, 2013 7:12 pm

oops.. I meant '192.169....'
ja_baker

Postby ja_baker » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:18 am

oops.. I meant '192.169....'

And I was confused about how the iPhone connects, and trying to force the IP... duh...
Anyway, I tried to put the access address from the iPhone via my wife's Mac browser, but got the same result: File not found (or does not exist?... something...). Still, it failed. Firewall indicator maybe? Now that I think of it, I'm sure I've updated the Airport's software at some point. I'll take a look into it to see if there's an evident block.

Thanks again.
ja_baker

Postby dhaupert » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:41 am

I don't think Airport has the option to block accessing other local addresses. At least mine doesn't seem to, but you can certainly check!

One thing to try is start desktop connect on your device, and then from a command line type:

ping 10.0.1.3

(assuming that is the address given).

Do you get a response back from the device? If so, then you know Airport doesn't have an issue and you know it's communicating. Let me know what you find!
dhaupert

Postby ja_baker » Thu Jan 31, 2013 4:52 pm

Hi Dave. Boy, you guys are working hard at this one!
So, I started the Desktop Connect and pinged the IP, and it replied without a problem. I think you're right about Airport; hadn't thought about it being local. By the way, I just tried to connect using IE (never use it) and got 'Web page not found'. No surprise, but thought I'd try. Also added hDb Desktop to list of allowed programs at Win Firewall, but to no avail.

Jeff
ja_baker

Postby dhaupert » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:06 am

Just a followup to this one- do you think you could send me a screenshot of the browser window where you attempt to connect?
dhaupert

Previous

Return to HanDBase for Windows