Error: File selected is not a HanDBase 3.0 Database

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Error: File selected is not a HanDBase 3.0 Database

Postby abarnard10 » Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:45 pm

Hello - I'm using HandBase 4.00 build 5 with a Palm Treo. When I beam a database from the Palm onto my computer desktop, HandDbase Desktop always throws "Error: File selected is not a HanDBase 3.0 Database". I know this is not a problem with the Palm - I've tried 3 different Palms using the same databases on my computer and 3 other computers running the same version of HanDBase Desktop...it beams and opens without a problem on all of the other computers, and the problem is consistent between all 3 Palms on my computer, as well as between different databases. I've uninstalled and reinstalled HanDBase Desktop with no improvement. Does anyone know how to fix this error so I can open my databases?

Thanks!
Allison
abarnard10

Re: Error: File selected is not a HanDBase 3.0 Database

Postby dhaupert » Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:01 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your post. It's been a while since someone has posted about using the Palm version of HanDBase! The beam format we use was a format that mobile devices at the time used where it has some sort of header along with the file, so when you beam it to a PC, it doesn't know what to do with that format. Unfortunately you'll have to use the conduit or the external memory card export to get the file to the PC. Sorry!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows