Not transferring Photo from different devices

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Not transferring Photo from different devices

Postby Treanot » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:44 pm

Hello,
I am current using two devices to capture information and photos for an warehouse inventory system. One device is the iphone 4, the other device is the ipad 2. Both devices are running handbase for iphone version 4.8.711. I am using the Windows Handbase Desktop Version 4.7.5 as the sync between the two device. I realize that Apple as imposed some restrictions with the use of there Camera app, and On Feb 2, 2010 David mentioned to me via email that the only way to view image files in the handbase desktop is using a form created with the forms designer. I have not done that yet, but that not currently a concern.
The problem is that the photo between the two devices does not transfer. The data base basically has three fields; 1) name as a text field, 2)photo as as external field, field type Camera, 3) photoname as a text field (to capture image field name). All the information transfers between devices, but not the visual photos. Is there a rather simple solution for this? The full inventory with photos synced between all devices is key to have this project successful. Thanks.

Sincerely
George
Treanot

Re: Not transferring Photo from different devices

Postby curtterp » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:02 pm

This was covered in a topic in the iPhone section.

here is a link
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=2911
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Postby Treanot » Sun Feb 10, 2013 9:20 am

So, there is no simple solution.

I had a similar problem several years ago where I could not transfer photos from a large photo database and used a program called openSSH on a jailbroke iPhone to access root directories on the phone.

It seems according to the linked post, if you dumped the photo files into the photo folder on the device the database will recognize the actual file in the folder and show the photos, instead of a blank.

Would be great if this feature was built into your application but this is a workaround. Thanks for your quick response.
Treanot

Postby dhaupert » Mon Feb 11, 2013 3:41 pm

Hi there,

I agree it would be great if photos were automatically synced, and this is something we hope to offer some time in the future!
dhaupert

Return to HanDBase for Windows