reinstall desktop

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

reinstall desktop

Postby smiller777 » Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:54 pm

Before I totally wipe and reinstall Windows 7 on my Dell, I want to know how I will reinstall and sync HanDbase. I know how to download and install the desktop. I am using the Android version on my Samsung phone, Android version 4.1.2 so I know how to sync by using the computer map procedure. I do all my work on the desktop and then sync to the phone.

Thanks in advance for any help. I looked but could not find any documentation about this.
smiller777

Re: reinstall desktop

Postby curtterp » Mon Feb 18, 2013 7:21 pm

You want to make sure that you sync to get all the changes from the desktop to the device.

Then after wiping/reinstalling windows/HanDBase desktop, setup a new partnership to you device and sync. This will get the databases back to the desktop.

if you want to maintain your backups and archives in HanDBase, make sure that you copy those folders to a backup drive/disk/cd and then you can copy them back over after syncing the device again.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase for Windows