Pixels shown in list view not saved

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Pixels shown in list view not saved

Postby Tim.Ellis » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:43 pm

I am running HanDBase 4.7.5 with HanDBase Pro for Android 4.6.1 R1. I am on Windows 7 64 bit. When I change the pixels shown in list view on fields and save the file the number of pixels shown does not get saved. If I reopen the file the number of pixels is back to 58. If I save the file, do not close it and synchronize with my Android Kindle I see the data base downloaded to the kindle but the number of pixels shown is 58. I get a similar result if I edit the field order. I see the fields changed on the screen but if I save the data base, close it and reopen it I'm back to where I started. If I put new entries in a field these get saved so I'm working on the same data base. I also see the modified date change.

Please help!
Tim.Ellis

Re: Pixels shown in list view not saved

Postby dhaupert » Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:47 pm

Hi there,

Thanks for your post and question. When you have a view defined, there is a setting for whether the filter/sort/pixels shown/etc settings are overridden in the view when changed in the DB properties. If that setting is not set, then whenever you reopen the database, the settings in the view are applied to the database automatically. Take a look at the current view you have and see if the setting is checked- I'm guessing it is not! Two options:

Change the field width settings in the Edit View screen instead.
or
Check this box and the changes you make should be sticky thereafter!
dhaupert

Re: Pixels shown in list view not saved

Postby Tim.Ellis » Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:45 pm

Hi Dave,
I went to the DB properties/ views / default view / edit and checked the box that says "Enable updating of views". This fixed the problem. My views both on the desktop and Kindle have the changed number of pixels. I tried this on a different data base and had to do the same thing?? Is there a setting to make the "enable updating of view parameters when view is active" be checked for all databases?
Thanks,
-tim
Tim.Ellis

Return to HanDBase for Windows