New database doesn't show in conduit

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

New database doesn't show in conduit

Postby qddave4ddhforum » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:15 am

I just created a new database, and it's not appearing in the conduit selection list. Is there something else that needs to be done?

thanks
qddave4ddhforum

Re: New database doesn't show in conduit

Postby dhaupert » Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:43 am

Hi,

Thanks for your question. I'm assuming by 'The conduit selection list' you are referring to the list of previously synced databases in the Edit Sync Settings screen? If so, where did you create the database? If you created it on the desktop but did not install it, it won't appear here. To install the database, you'd select File|Install to Smartphone/handheld and choose your device. After the next sync, it should show up in that list.

If you created it on the device and have not yet synced, it won't be here either. You'd have to perform that sync first!

Let me know if this does not answer your question.
dhaupert

Postby qddave4ddhforum » Sat Apr 13, 2013 11:08 am

All of the above, unfortunately. I created it on the desktop and installed, then created it again with a different name on the phone and synced. Both databases initially transferred successfully, but failed to appear in the sync list. They would not subsequently sync.

Interestingly, in the sync log, both databases are listed with 'Sync Mode: Do Nothing', so it knows about them.
qddave4ddhforum

Postby dhaupert » Tue Apr 16, 2013 2:00 pm

Could you send me the Sync Log - you can paste it here or email it to my address (listed in my sig).
dhaupert

Postby qddave4ddhforum » Wed Apr 24, 2013 3:28 pm

Just to finish this up...

Dave Haupert got me fixed up offline. It turned out that the [Default] entry in the table selection screen was set to "Don't Sync". I set it to "sync" and sync'd, and all the missing databases appeared. All is well.

Thanks, Dave
qddave4ddhforum

Return to HanDBase for Windows