Very confused

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Very confused

Postby myshearguy » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:11 pm

I have a Microsoft Surface Pro and a Galaxy Note II phone. I downloaded the trial version of HanDBase Desktop for windows and created a DB but couldn't create any forms. I email support and they told me I needed to download the HanDBase Desktop for Windows Pro but I can't find any such software on the site. Only the Pro for Mobile PC which I know is not the right software. I also purchased HanDBase for my Galaxy Note II but need to purchase the conduit software so I can move the DB I'm setting up on my PC to the Galaxy. The DB's that came with the HandDBase I purchased from the Google App' Store will not work for what I need to do. What HanDBase software do I need and where do I find it since I see no Pro software for my PC on the DDH site? I started to buy the Desktop for Windows software that I down loaded as a trial version but not sure it will do what I need or what conduit software I need to sync with my Galaxy android phone.
myshearguy

Re: Very confused

Postby dhaupert » Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:53 am

Hi there,

I'm very sorry for the confusion. As you know the Surface Pro is a windows computer first and foremost. Our software is designed as a mobile solution for mobile devices that also connects to and has a desktop counterpart. We do have a desktop version that you've located the demo for and that includes the basic desktop software. There is another add-on module called HanDBase Forms. We don't have a standalone demo for the desktop only part of this, but as you were told it's included with the Professional desktop add-on bundles that are offered for Android, iOS, etc. So if you were to download the HanDBase Professional Add-on for Android demo you'd get the demo for the forms designer on the desktop as well as the demo for the desktop program, and also the conduit to sync to the Android device you have.

Please note that right now forms are not supported on Android, but it's what I'm working on as we speak- the update and add-on is due out this summer and so the forms you design will then be able to run on the Android phone or tablet at that time!

I hope this makes more sense.
dhaupert

Re: Very confused

Postby myshearguy » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:11 am

Thanks for your help.
myshearguy

Return to HanDBase for Windows