Creating DB in windows and saving format for multiple users

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Creating DB in windows and saving format for multiple users

Postby pcolvin » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:25 am

I have created a simple database in Windows Desktop. Is there a way to save my "format" or "design" so when our group downloads the app on their Android/Iphone devices, they can select "my database" that I designed?
pcolvin

Re: Creating DB in windows and saving format for multiple us

Postby dhaupert » Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:38 am

Hi there,

Thanks for your question. Indeed we provide a way for you to upload the database to our Gallery, which then can be downloaded from direct from their device. Here's how:

First, you need to be a registered user on our site. If you already have a login and password for your desktop, then you're already registered!
Along the right side you'll see an option for the
Gallery Applets [ADD NEW]
Tap on the Add New and fill out the form. Upload your database here as well.
Now you can provide them the name of the database and then they can get it by pressing + to add a new database, and choosing Download a Template and browsing to it.

Alternatively you can host this on whatever website you wish and just provide them the link to it!
dhaupert

Re: Creating DB in windows and saving format for multiple us

Postby curtterp » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:41 pm

3rd delivery alternative is to email the database to email address of the device for everyone in the group.
Have a good day

Curt
I am not a DDHSoftware employee, just a long time HanDBase user.... from Palm to Windows Mobile to Android, to iOS. Thanks to DDH, the database files transferred to each platform without a problem.
curtterp

Return to HanDBase for Windows