Reinstalling The Desktop Software

Discuss the HanDBase for Windows Desktop program, conduits, and add-ons.

Reinstalling The Desktop Software

Postby Small Shiny Objects » Wed Sep 10, 2014 5:52 pm

I am going to be getting a replacement work laptop next week, so I'll either need to reinstall the HanDBase desktop software on that new work laptop, or just install it on my personal laptop.

I'm leaning towards just installing it on my personal laptop, since I always have to disconnect from VPN on my work laptop to get the WiFi sync to work and I don't use VPN with my personal laptop.

If I were to install it on my personal laptop do I have to wait until I uninstall the desktop software from my work laptop in order to get it to install correctly or to comply with the license terms?

Also, how do I go about copying the existing backup data from my existing work laptop to the new install?

Thanks
Small Shiny Objects

Re: Reinstalling The Desktop Software

Postby Brian_Houghton » Fri Sep 12, 2014 5:28 am

Hi,

The license for the desktop software is for a single machine. Technically you would want to install on one machine at a time.

I recommend installing on the new laptop prior to uninstalling from the old, in order to make sure we have a means of syncing just in case a temporary problem is encountered.

To copy your databases to your new computer, simply set up a sync partnership with whichever handheld you are using and sync. The files on the handheld will copy to the new computer.

Once you have the sync working on the new computer you can uninstall from the old one.
Kind Regards,
Brian Houghton, DDH Software
Brian_Houghton

Return to HanDBase for Windows